Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

My DH is still not well so one of my sons (the other one has to work) and I are going for brunch with my parents and 2 of my sisters. On an earlier post I showed the note cards I made for both mothers. Here is the bag I made to put the box of cards in. It is made from a paper lunch bag! See the video tutorial at http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/stampinacademy/2008/04/mothers-day-bag.html. Here are the front and side views. All supplies Stampin Up! unless otherwise noted. Stamps - Embrace Life; CS - Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Very Vanilla; DP - Ginger Blossom; Inks - Chocolate Chip, Old Olive; Ribbon - Non SU; White paper lunch bag. I stamped the large flower from Embrace Life onto the Cameo Coral CS and then watercoloured with Ruby Red Ink.



I also made little boxes of cards for two of my sisters. They are not mums, but they are godmothers to my sons. Just a little token of appreciation. I used the tart and tangy stamp set. I followed the instructions from a class designed by Andrea Walford http://andreawalford.com/ and the box is adapted from one I have shown before http://stampedbyhand.blogspot.com/2007/09/note-box-my-first-tutorial.html. My adjustment to the box was to cut the CS to 7 1/2" by 11" and the DSP to 6" by 6 1/2". All supplies Stampin Up! unless noted. CS - Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Whisper White, Old Olive, Bashful Blue; DSP - Summer Picnic; Inks - Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Basis Black; Ribbons - non SU.


Have a great day!


No comments: