Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dasher Holiday Card Class

Andrea Walford, a very talented and creative demonstrator from Cambridge, Ontario creates wonderful and unique card classes. I subscribe and each month I receive a new class planner. As a bonus for her annual subscribers, Andrea has created this exclusive card class using the stamp Dasher and Holiday Lounge DSP. As with all of Andrea's class planners there are cards and a matching tote. The photo shows the four cards and the tote.

I love the Dasher stamp, the tote and the layouts, but the colour combinaation is a little out of my comfort zone for Christmas - I still like the reds, greens and golds. I did stretch myself a little bit and although I still have my red, I used blue! Blue for Christmas - I am still not quite sure about that, but I do know that I am very pleased with my cards. I was so anxious to share that the photos are not the very best. I have to do something about my lighting. All four of the cards and the tote use Baja Breeze (retired), Real Red and Whisper White card stock as well as Ski Slope DSP (retired). the stamp set used is Four the Holidays (in the Holiday Mini Catalogue). All products used are Stampin' Up!




On this card Dasher was stamped on Baja Breeae with versamark and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The Whisper White and Real red were layered onto the DSP and the ribbon was wrapped around and tied. A couple of red brads were used and then the whole panel was adhered to the base card. The greeting was stamped with black stazon. The base card was cut at 4.25 X 11. Scored at 5.5. The fold is to the left of the card.




The real red base for this card was cut at 4.25 X 11 and scored at 5.5. The fold is to the left. Dasher was stamped onto a piece of Baja breeze and heat embossed with white embossing powder. The greeting was stamped onto Whisper White and then layered onto a strip of Baja Breeze. A couple of silver brads add some interest on the right had side. The DSP was achered to the base card, then the Baja Breeze strip was attached and finally the image panel was adhered to the card.





The base card was cut a 4.25 X 11 and scored at 11. The fold is at the top. A piece of real red was punched on the top and bottom using the scallop border punch. Dasher was again stamped with versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. A strip of DSP, a coupl of brads and a bit of ribbon and you have a fabulous card. The greeting was stamped with black stazon.

This card really takes me out of my comfort zone - a blue reindeer! I was really surprised that I liked it. I hope you do too. First I inked Dasher up with my versamark pad and then I inked him with Baja Breeze. Stamped him onto whisper white and then heat embossed with clear emobssing powder. The scallops on the baja breeze strip were pierced. The greeting was heat embossed with white embossing powder.






And now the tote! Is it not cute? I love the shape of the top. It was pretty easy to put together. The front is decorated with a piece of DSP layered onto whisper white and then real red. The greeting stamped in real red and the beautiful real red grosgrain complete the tote.



No comments: