Tuesday, April 15, 2008



Yesterday afternoon my friend Judy and I had our own little workshop. Just the two of us - we are hoping to do this every week.


We made a card using the Pick a Petal set from Stampin Up and then made a box that will hold about 4 cards and their envelopes. The box was made using just one sheet of card stock (8 1/2 by 11) and a piece of DSP (6 1/2 by 6). We used Wild Wasabi card stock and DSP from the Summer Picnic collection. We followed the tutorial posted by Joanne B. the only change we made was to increase the dimension of the DSP. Rather than the 4 X 6 1/2 in the instructions, we cut it to 6 1/2 x 6. This allowed us to overlap the DSP onto the top of the box and onto the back. Here is the link to Joanne's tutorial. http://stampedbyhand.blogspot.com/2007/09/note-box-my-first-tutorial.html


Here is a BD card I made - the bears are by PSX, but the rest is all Stampin Up. I used Dazzling Diamonds on the cake (from the Bitty Birthday Set). I stamped the bears with Chocolate Chip onto Creamy Caramel then shaded in a bit. Even did a bit of paper piercing on the scallop.


No comments: