Thursday, October 29, 2009

12 Weeks of Christmas - Andrea Walford

Andrea Walford has been releasing a new project each week leading up to Christmas for her newsletter subscribers. If you want to subscribe, go to Andrea's website and sign up. You will not be able to get the past projects, but you would receive them for the next 8 weeks. I have made the projects for weeks 1 and 3. I had to make substitutions in both - for week 1 I did not have the Serene Snowflakes stampset so I used the retired Snowflake Spot set. I also used a nonSU embossing powder in place of the heat & stick powder and glitter that Andrea used. For week 2, although I do have the stamp set Andrea used I decided to use the Dasher stamp. I did not have the DSP that Andrea used and in my quest to use up my retired papers, I used DSP from last year.

Here is my week 1 project:Recipe:
Stamp Set - Snowflake Spot (retired), Christmas Greetins
Card Stock - Sahara Sand, Soft Sued, Christmas Cocoa DSP
Ink - Versamark, Soft Suede
Other - Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, nonSU embossing powder

This is my card for week 3. I inked Dasher with Chocolate Chip classic ink and then, with my sponge dauber, sponged a bit of Champagne Mist Shimmer paint on his antlers.

Recipe:
Stamp Set - Dasher, Warm Words
Card Stock - Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze (retired), Ski Slope DSP (retired)
Ink - Chocolate Chip, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
Other - Dimensionals

Both of these cards were very quick to make.

No comments: