Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 10 - Simply My Digital Studio Two

On day 10 of the class Heather didn't give us a completed page to view - she did a sketch of a 12 x 12 layout and challenged the participants to create and post their own creation.  I was intrigued with the layout but initially wasn't sure where to start or what to do.  I like to see a completed sample and take inspiration from that.

I decided that I wanted to use some photos of my oldest son.  As I was selecting the photos to use I came across a photo of a sunset at the beach in St. Petersburg, Florida that he had taken several years ago when we were there for Christmas.  I decided to use that as the focal image and then surround it with the photos of him.  In Heather's sketch there was a circular photo box within the large circle - I decided not to use that.  Rather than filling the background with a solid colour or DSP, I chose a distressed pattern that I think works well filling in the white space without taking away from the page elements.


It is really amazing how quickly a page comes together in MDS.  You can quickly change any of the elements - background papers, photos, stamps.  I love it and I don't consider myself to be a scrapbooker at all.

No comments: