Thursday, October 22, 2015

Christmas Treat Holders

I have started playing with ideas for treat holders to use as table favours and to have on hand for little gifts.  In the 2015 Holiday Catalogue Stampin' Up! included a square pillowbox die.  Although I didn't buy it, I was intrigued with it.  The finished box is about 4" square and the package of dies includes several dies to cut out embellishments.

I thought a pillowbox would be a great treat holder but a 4" square box would be too big for what I wanted so I decided to see if I could create my own using my Silhouette Cameo eCutter.  I did have a pillowbox in my downloads but it was not a square but I was able to resize it to create a box with a finished size of 3" x 3" - a perfect size to hold two Ghiradelli Chocolate Squares.  I was able to cut three boxes from one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" card stock.

The first one I made is a "Santa".  Pretty quick to make and I think it will make a great little gift or table favour.


Stampin' Supplies
Card Stock - Real Red, Black Glimmer Paper, Silver Glimmer Paper
Other - Silhouette Cameo eCutter, 1 1/4" Square Punch, 7/8" Square Punch (nonSU), Owl Builder Punch (buttons)

Note - when I make more of these Santa boxes I will probably reduce the size of the belly band to 3/4"; the silver buckle will be punched with the 1" square punch and the black insert will be 3/4" square.

No comments: