Friday, September 22, 2017

Inky Divas Challenge - Week of September 18

This week the challenge was to use the colours Garden Green, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Soft Suede.

The first project uses one of the Mini Pizza Boxes from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue.  I added two panels to the top - the larger one in Cajun Craze and the next using Soft Suede.  I dry embossed that piece using the Woodlands embossing folder.

The oak and maple leaves are from the Vintage Leaves stamp set.  They were stamped onto white cardstock using Soft Suede ink.  I then sponged on Crushed Curry, Cajun and Garden Green inks and die cut them using the Leaflets framelits.  Once those were adhered to the box I added a couple of the leaves from my September Paper Pumpkin kit  I brushed one of those with Gold Wink of Stella (retired).  The little round label and sentiment are also from the same Paper Pumpkin kit,  Before adhering the label I wrapped linen thread around the box several times and tied it in a knot.  I then made the bow by wrapping linen thread around my fingers and tied it in the middle.  It is attached to the label with a glue dot and I added a retired Candy Dot to the middle.  Now I just have to figure out what to put in the box.


Stampin' Supplies
Stamps - Vintage Leave, Paper Pumpkin September 2017
Ink - Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Garden Green
Card Stock - Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Other - Mini Pizza Box, Leaflet dies, Linen Thread, September 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit

I did a second project for the challenge.  I had seen a card using the "baby wipe" technique that also used the "eclipse" technique.  I have never done the baby wipe technique so thought I would give it a try.

I  used the solid image leaf from the Colorful Seasons stamp set.  For the baby wipe technique I folded a wipe in four and then added drops of ink (using reinkers) in the challenge colours.  I then used it as my stamp pad and inked up my leaf and stamped it on the Very Vanilla cardstock.  I then stamped the open leaf from the same stamp set using Soft Suede ink.

The second technique on this card is the eclipse technique - I am obsessed with this technique.  I used the Large Letters dies to cut out the word Fall from my stamped card stock.  I set the letters aside and adhered the stamped panel to a panel of basic black card stock.  Once that was done I laid the letter A back into it's spot.  I then took the little "triangular" piece, added adhesive on the back and glued it down and removed the letter A.  I added dimensionals to the back of each letter (I used the Stampin' Up! Foam Adhesive Strips for this), removed the backing and stuck the letters to the card.  I added a few rhinestones and wrapped linen thread around the panel before adhering the whole panel to the Cajun Craze card base and then added the bow and another rhinestone.


Stampin' Supplies
Stamps - Colorful Seasons
Ink - Garden Green, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
Card Stock - Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Other - Large Letters dies, Foam Adhesive Strips, Linen Thread, Rhinestones

No comments: