Friday, October 3, 2008

Our great niece is celebrating her sixth birthday later this month and for her gift we are taking her to Build a Bear Workshop. She will be able to select her own 'bearskin' , she'll stuff it and select some clothes & accessories. This is the invitation we are sending her so that she can save the date.

The stamp is non SU. I used DSP from Sweet Always and Tangerine Tango cardstock. The centre panel is raised up on dimensionals.

My niece is getting married this weekend and this is the card I have made. It matches the scrapbook I gave her at the bridal shower last month.


I decided to participate in a swap hosted by Marie Kirkwood. The theme of the swap is Masculine cards. I have to submit 11 card fronts and I will receive back 11 different card fronts. That is why I decided to participate - it is always difficult for me to come up with ideas for cards for the men in my family. This is the card I submitted (sent off my package yesterday). I had to do two versions as I did not have 11 of the square silver 'buckle'. I had to send 11 with the square and 2 with the round. The rules of the swap are that cards are to be the same (but you could have a minor difference). We had to use all Stampin Up supplies, but it did not matter if some of the items are retired. I was going to colour in the image, but decided I really liked it just as it was. Hope everyone else likes it as much as I do!

Stamp Sets - Lovely as a Tree; It's Your Birthday (retired)
Paper - Chocolate Chip Cardstock; DSP from Home Again Simply Scrappin Kit (retired)
Ribbon - Old Olive Poly Twill (retired)
Hardware - Styled Silver Hodgepodge
Ink - Chocolate Chip Classic

Here are the two versions of the card front I submitted.




No comments: