Saturday, January 23, 2010

Framed Decor Elements

As little Christmas gifts for my sisters I decorated some 5 x 7 shadow boxes that I bought at Michaels.  I used the small real red "Jingle all the Way" decor elements, some silver bells, iridescent basket filler and some quilt batting (not visible).  I was really thrilled the way they turned out.  When the sunshine hits the basket filler it shimmers.

The vinyl decor element is applied directly to outside of the glass; the other elements are contained behind the glass.



I also applied the Dasher decor element to frames and used one as a gift for my dad and another for myself.   I was not able to find a ready made mat that I liked to put behind the image so I ordered them.  The frame is 16 X 20.  The vinyl is applied to the outside of the glass.  Although tempted to add some clear rhinestone to the snowflakes around the antlers - I resisted and am so glad I did.  I love the simplicity just as it is. 




No comments: