Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Wreath

I have not had a lot of success finding a fall themed wreath for my front door so I decided to make one.

When Stampin' Up! demonstrators were given access to the Holiday Mini Catalogue on August 1 (it went live on September 1) I kept gravitating to page 6. There was a photo of a wreath made of paper "lollies" (also known as rosettes). Since then I have seen numerous samples on various blogs and on Stampin' Connection (a site for demonstrators only).

Finally I decided to try my hand at one myself. Most of the papers I used are retired product as are some of the embellishments.

To start I had to have a base. Last year when I purchased the Candy Cane Lane DSP there was piece of chipboard in the packing and fortunately I kept it. It was perfect. I used my IKEA plastic waste bin to trace the circles to make the base. The dimensions were perfect - 11 inches for the outside ring and about 7 1/2 for the inside. I traced them onto the chipboard and then cut them out. To cover the base I cut strips of metallic gold waffle paper and wrapped them around the base. I punched a hole and secured some hemp twine for the hanger. Then it was on to making a bunch of lollies in different sizes. I also wanted to have some leaves - pretty much all of the samples I have seen used stamped images from the Falling Leaves stamps set that had been cut out. I am not big on cutting so I pulled out my Leaves #2 die for the Big Shot and cut out a bunch of maple and oak leaves using More Mustard card stock. I then sponged them with Soft Suede and Cajun Craze inks.

So here it is - hope you like it!


Even though it is made of paper it should be fine on my front door - I do have a screen door so it will be protected from the elements.

Thanks for stopping by.

Marjorie

1 comment:

craftystamper said...

You did a wonderful job. It will look spectacular on your door.