Sunday, December 17, 2017

Inky Divas Challenge - Week of November 27

The challenge this week was to make a card with layers.  I decided to make a bridge card.

Ever since the Stampin' Up! annual catalogue was released I have seen multiple bridge cards posted online using the Home for the Holidays/Hometown Greetings bundle.  I finally sat down and made one.  The cards I had seen online fit in a standard envelope but were a bit smaller than what I wanted.  I altered the dimensions so that the centre panel measured 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  The card barely fit in a 5 1/2" x 7 1/2" envelope.  I made a second card that was 5 1/4" high and it fit perfectly in the envelope.


Card Base – 5 ¼” x 10 ¼” scored at 1 ½”, 3”, 7 ¼” and 8 ¾”
DSP – 1 3/8” x 5 1/8” (4); 4 1/8” x 5 1/8”
1st House Layer (Back) – 4 1/8” x 5” (may need to trim some from the bottom)
2nd House Layer (Middle) – 5 ¼” x 5”, score at ½” on each side, centre die between score lines

3rd House Layer (Front) – this layer forms the bridge.  7 ¼” x 3 ¼”, centre the die.  (I used a piece cut to 11” x 3 ¼”, centred the die and then trimmed the ends after applying the bridge to the card)

I smudged some ink on the front layer (bridge) so I cut another piece of DSP to add to the front of the card.

Stampin' Supplies
Stamps - Home for the Holidays
Ink - Night of Navy, Versamark
Card Stock - Whisper White, Basic Black, Colour Theory DSP, Gold Foil, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
Other - Black Embossing Powder, Hometown Greetings Thinlits, Card Front Builder Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments: