Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just a quick post with a card I made using totalling non Stampin Up! products. My LSS had this card on display using Coredinations card stock. I asked if they would mind if I did a copy of it and Tammy said no problem she was very flattered. They only thing I did different was to adhere the whole front onto white card stock before mounting it onto my white card base. Coredinations card stock has a white core so when you dry emboss it or crinkle it up it can be sanded a bit to reveal the white. The finished card is 4.25 x 5.5.
For the background panel I cut 2 pieces of green and 2 pieces of turquoise each measuring 2 1/8 by 2 3/4. I used the CB Textile embossing folder for the turquoise panels and crumpled up the two green panels. I then sanded them and adhered them to a piece of 4.25 x 5.5 white card stock. Attached the ribbon and then adhered the whole panel to my base card.
For the centre panel I cut a piece of white CS to 3 3/8 x 4 3/8; 2 pieces of green and 2 pieces of turquoise to 1 1/2 by 2. To stamp the image I used some repositionable adhesive on each of the green and turquoise pieces and put them on a piece of copy paper so the edges touched and in the position they would be on the finished card. I stamped the images with versamark and then heat embossed with white. I then attached the individual stamped pieces to the white panel and adhered it to my card. I maybe should have used dimensionals.
The man in the brown truck delivered my preorders from the new catty and although I have mounted all the stamps - those die cuts are the best - I have not even opened the CS. I just can't decide what I want to do first. I did play with the scallop edge punch however. So much easier than using the corner rounder!
Thanks for looking.

No comments: