Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Happiest and Saddest of Times

My brother-in-law's son is getting married in August so I decided that I should get busy making his wedding card. I sometimes tend to leave things to the last minute but figured I should not do that for this occasion.

I saw this layout on someone's blog the other day (unfortunately I can't remember whose). I liked the simplicity of the card, and I needed to use some of those jumbo grommets I had been hoarding from the mini catalogue. Although I have not matched the colour exactly to the colours on the invitation, I have come pretty darn close!

The stamp set, ribbon and grommet are all from the Occasions Mini catalogue that expires at the end of June. Recipe:
Stamp Set - Very Versatile
Card Stock - Shimmery White, Lavender Lace
Ink - Lavender Lace
Other - Designer Hardware (Jumbo Grommet), 5/8" Whisper White Satin Ribbon, Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch

Although I generally have a few cards on hand, they are usually more suitable for birthdays, get well or thinking of you. I had nothing in my stash that would be suitable for a sympathy card. I made this card and will make a few more similar to it to have on hand just in case. I saw this birthday card on the blog Diane's Designs and decided to CASE it to make a sympathy card.

Recipe:
Stamp Set - Thoughts and Prayers
Card Stock - Kraft, Always Artichoke, Manchester DSP
Ink - Always Artichoke
Other - Ribbon - Kraft Taffeta, Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by

Marjorie

No comments: