Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thoughts and Prayers

Just a quick post today. I made this get well card for my mother who was admitted to hospital on Thursday night. Her treatment is going well and hopefully she will be home soon. I saw Silke Ledlow's card using the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set and just knew that I would have to CASE it. You can see her card here. I loved how she used the tiny pearls in the centres of the flowers.

Instead of using the strip of Baja Breeze cardstock and button, I decided to use the 1/4 inch white grosgrain ribbon and a Kiwi Kiss button. I used one of the sentiments from the Thoughts & Prayers set, but used my marker to select only the Get Well Soon part of the phrase - I even used my Stamp a ma jig!


Recipe (all SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp Set: Thoughts and Prayers
Card Stock: Whisper White, Old Olive, Cameo Coral
Inks: Old Olive and Cameo Coral Markers
Other: 1/4 inch White Grosgrain Ribbon; Button Bouquet (Kiwi Kiss), Pearls (Michael's); Scallop Border Punch, dimensionals, Big Shot, Stamp a ma jig, Nestabilities (Spellbinders)

Marjorie

1 comment:

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi Marjorie - I'm so sorry to hear your mom was admitted to the hospital!!! I'll pray for her quick recovery and the knowledge for the doctors to heal her!!!

I'm so happy to hear and see that you liked my card and that you cased it - I love the changes you made :)!!! I hope this card will put a big smile on your mom's face!!! Give her an extra big hug from me too!!!

God bless
~Silke~