Saturday, May 2, 2009

Since returning from Florida I have not been spending much productive time in my craft room. I can't seem to get myself organized.

I participated in Heather Summers' online classes - Simply Punches and Simply Punches 2 and when I was invited to a baby shower with a safari theme I just knew I had to use some of the ideas from those classes.



Can you guess what SU punches I used? I used a non-SU punch for the giraffe's antlers and the Cuttlebug 'At the Beach' cut and emboss set to make the palm trees.

I think it turned out great!

CS - Garden Green, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, More Mustard, Riding Hood Red, Going Grey, Summer Sun, Basic Black, Whisper White

Ink - Basic Grey, Close to Cocoa, Black Stampin Write Marker, Signo Gel Pen





This card is for our great-nephew's 10th birthday. We had decided to get him a gift card from
his favourite place to buy games for his video game systems. I wanted a cute way to incorporate the gift card into his card. I modified the instructions in Andrea Walford's Crazy for Cupcakes class planner to make this card.

This card opens from the top and the gift card tucks right into the ribbon on the inside of the card.

I used the Cuttlebug 'Doodles' embossing folder to make the icing and then sponged it with close to cocoa ink and painted on some Shimmerz (non-SU) to highlight the swirls - I could have used dazzling diamonds but it is for a boy and I thought that might be a bit too much bling for him.

CS - Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Whisper White, Brushed Gold
Ink - Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Ribbon - Chocolate Chip Double Stitched

Thanks for stopping in. Hopefully my posts will become more regular before too long. Mother's Day is on the horizon so I need to get crafting!

Marjorie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

super cute animal punch card!!