Friday, May 22, 2009

I have been wanting to try the 'shaving cream' technique for quite some time. I had some time today so this was it. I pulled out the shaving cream, my reinkers and got busy!
What fun! I loved it. I was amazed at the swirls I ended up with on my plain white cardstock. I could not wait to make a card - fortunately it does not take too long to dry.
Stamp Set: Winds of Grace, Father's Day stamp is nonSU
Cardstock: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy
Ink: Soft Sky (retired), Bayou Blue (retired), Baja Breeze
Other: Silver Brads, dimensionals


This is the birthday card I made for my sister. I had wanted to use Liquid Applique for the 'icing' but could not find it. I used stardust stickles instead and am pleased with the result.
Stamp Set: Crazy for Cupcakes, Bitty Birthday
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Berry Bliss DSP (retired)
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Basic Black
Ribbon: nonSU
Punches: Wide Oval, Scalloped Oval, Word Window

1 comment:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Yet another technique for me to look into -- shaving cream! I really like the result you got. Your cupcake card is lovely as well!

My husband is Canadian, but we live down here in the States. I have lots of Canadian friends and in-laws. ;-)