Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Card

Believe it or not, I have a card to share today. This is pretty much a direct case of Andrea Walford's Fifth Avenue Floral card that you can see here. The only change I made was to use Vanilla Hodgepodge to frame the greeting. I decided that this would be such a great card for Mother's Day, so I made two of them. I loved it so much that both of our mothers are getting the same card! I also left it pretty much to the last minute because I was waiting for the delivery of the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set. As soon as Mr. UPS arrived at my door yesterday afternoon I rushed up to my stamping room and got busy!


I stamped the envelope and just to really tie in the floral theme on the inside of the card I stamped one of the flowers very faintly in the middle of the poem. I think it was just what the card needed. You can't see it very well in the photo above, but here is a close up.


Stamp Sets - Fifth Avenue Floral, Terrific Tulips (retired). The Happy Mother's Day greeting is from Stampendous.
CS - Baja Breeze - textured, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Urban Garden DSP
Inks - Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy
Other - Vanilla Hodgepodge, Designer Label punch, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

Marjorie




No comments: