Saturday, May 9, 2009

Two posts in one day.
I wanted to make a box of cards to give to a friend for her birthday. There was a layout on UStamp - Spring that I liked but I did not have the stamp set (Soft Summer). I looked through my stamps, found Embrace Life and decided that it would do very well. It also gave me a chance to use up some of my retired DSP - Ginger Blossom. I made a set of six cards - all identical except for the sentiment at the bottom. I used six different greetings that cover most occasions. The flower is popped up with a dimensional.

The card is designed in such a way that the focal image panel tucks in behind the scalloped oval which is attached with a dimensional. There is a blank space underneath for my friend to write a note.
After wrapping up the cards I realized that I had taken this photo before putting dazzling diamonds glitter on the stamens of the flower. It really makes a difference.
Card Stock - Ruby Red, Groovy Guava (retired), Whisper White, Shimmery White, Ginger Blossom DSP (retired)
Stamp Set - Embrace Life
Ink - Basic Gray, Old Olive, Ruby Red
Other - Kiwi Kiss/Vanilla Satin Ribbon, dimensionals, dazzling diamonds, scallop oval punch, large oval punch
This is the birthday card I made to go with the cards above. In some ways to me it looks unfinished, but when I tried to add more it looked over done. Overall I am pleased with how it turned out.
I saw this scalloped dress on Patty Bennett's blog. It is hard to see but there is dazzling diamonds glitter on the edge of each of the scallops. The Raspberry Tart DSP ends itself well to 'dressmaking'.
Card Stock - Kiwi Kiss Textured, Whisper White, Raspberry Tart DSP
Ink - Rose Red
Other - Kiwi Kiss/Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Eyelet Border punch. The pearl embellisments are non SU

No comments: