Sunday, May 17, 2009

Manhattan Flower, Fifth Avenue Floral and More

Our niece's birthday is on Tuesday and I wanted to make a box of cards for her. I had been anxiously waiting for my Manhattan Flower Textured Impressions embossing foler to arrive and it finally did late on Friday afternoon. I could hardly wait to get started with Patty Bennett's Brayered Roses technique. You can see her video here. I remembered that I have not been too successfull with my brayer in the past so I decided to sponge the colour on. I am very happy with the results. This is one of the six cards in the gift box. I also stamped the large image from Fifth Avenue Floral on the envelope.
This is the boxed set. I put all six cards in a clear acetate box and then attached the Happy Birthday greeting and the flowers so that they covered the images on the card below. Recipe:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Bitty Birthday, Oval All, Rose Leaf stamp is nonSU
Card Stock: Whisper White, Shimmery White, Cameo Coral
Ink: Regal Rose, Summer Sun, Old Olive, Cameo Coral
Punches: Wide Oval, Scalloped Oval
Other: Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals

This is her birthday card. I used Patty Bennett's template. I CASE'd Caroline Lebel's dress card (see her post of May 9). I love the addition of the little purse! I decorated the envelope with a strips of Pink Pirouette CS, Raspberry Tart DSP and Rose Red ribbon.

Recipe:
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette (textured), Raspberry Tart DSP
Other: Rhinestone Brad, Rose Red Ribbon, Eyelet Border Punch, Round Tab punch, Small and Large Oval punches

I signed up for the Spring UStamp hosted by Heather Summers and Dawn Raspas. One of the projects was a one sheet wonder using the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set. The flower images were randomly stamped on a sheet of Whisper White and then it was cut into sections to incorporate into a set of cards. The project instructions included 5 cards and a lovely box. I decided to do six cards and not do the box. I think this will make a great set of cards for my sister.





Recipe:
Stamps: Firth Avenue Floral, Fresh Cuts (for you), Very Versatile (Thank You)
Card Stock - Whisper White, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Urban Oasis DSP
Ink: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze
Other: Basic Gray Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware, Scallop Oval punch, Eyelet Border punch, Word Window punch
And of course everyone is doing a flower pot card. Here is my version of the one I saw on Stephanie Luman's blog. These are so fun to do!
Recipe:
Card Stock: Really Rust, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, nonSU for the yellow
Other: Wild Wasabi Double Stitched ribbon, 3/4 inch circle punch, scallop circle punch, leaf die from the Birds & Blooms sizzlits pack, dimensionals.
Have a great day!
Marjorie








No comments: