Monday, December 21, 2009

Charming Box of Cards


In recent years it has become increasingly difficult to buy gifts for my mother-in-law.  She is a very healthy 87 year old lady who really does not need or want anything.  I had been buying her gift certificates for her favourite shopping malls only to find out recently that she forgets she has them and they are not being used.  For Christmas this year I have purchased a gift certificate to one of her favourite restaurants and have also made a box of 8 assorted greeting cards with envelopes.  The cards are identical except for the greetings.  All of those are from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I packaged the cards in a clear acetate box and tied it with the wonderful Old Olive wide striped ribbon. 

I stamped the pale plum base card with the En Francais background stamp using pale plum classic ink.  I used the same stamp and ink on the whisper white image panel before stamping the floral image.   I coloured the floral image using my markers - Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry.  I also did a few rows of piercing to add a bit of visual interest.  On some of the cards I left the polka dot side of the ribbon showing and on the others I reversed it so the ribbon shows the solid colour.  I stamped the small butterfly image from the Charming stamp set in the bottom corner of the envelope as well as on the back flap.

This is one of the cards from the box:


The image panel and the greeting are raised up with dimensionals.   I left the inside of the card blank so there is plenty of room to write a personal note.

Recipe:
Stamps Sets - Charming, Teeny Tiny Wishes, French Script
Card Stock - Pale Plum, Old Olive, Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Cottage Wall DSP
Ink - Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Other - Word Window Punch, Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon, Dimensionals, Acetate Card Box

All products used are Stampin' Up! except for the acetate box.


No comments: