Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Deck the Halls Picture Frame

Using Jo-Ann Pullen's beautiful Deck the Halls Picture Frame HERE as inspiration I made my own version . It is a hybrid project. I used the Deck the Halls DSP for the left side of the frame but used My Digital Studio to create the image for the right hand side. I chose an 8 1/2 x 11 page and whisper white background. I then chose the Christmas Collage stamp and used Soft Suede ink at 73% opacity. The stamp did not fill the entire space so I copied and pasted to ensure the whole page was covered.

I printed it out onto Very Vanilla cardstock and then coloured in the holly, berries, bells and poinsettias with my markers and blender pens. Using the Merry Christmas stamp from Bells and Boughs I stamped the greeting with Cherry Cobbler ink in the space at the top of the image.  I stamped it off once so I would get a fainter image.  I used the Tea Stain ink from the distressing kit on all the edges before spritzing the entire project with a solution of Isopropyl alcohol and Champagne Mist shimmer spray.  I applied the Chantilly ribbon trim over the seam between the DSP and the "stamped" image.  I also applied the same lace to the outside of the frame to cover the raw wood.  Tied a double bow, added an antique brad and it was done.  I also covvered the back with a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  I applied stickles to the holly berries and the centre of the poinsettias.


Supplies
Stamps - Bells and Boughs
Card Stock - Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Deck the Halls SP
Ink - Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand
Other - Antique Brads, Chantilly crochet trim, blender pens, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, My Digital Studio, Frame (nonSU)

No comments: