Monday, September 18, 2017

Eclipse Technique

Lately I have been seeing many cards using the "Eclipse" technique.  Sandi MacIver posted a card using this technique HERE that I really liked so I decided to give it a try.  I don't have some of the Stampin' Up! products Sandi used so I substituted with things from my stash.  Not too bad for a first try but I may try raising the letters with two layers of Stampin' Dimensionals.

Most of the cards I have seen using this technique stamp the image first (as I have done on this one) and then cut out the letters using the Stampin' Up! Large Letters cutting dies.  There were a few that cut the letters out, left them in place and then stamped the images over top.  I have seen others where the letters were cut from the stamped card stock and then several other layers of the letters were cut from plain cardstock.  All of the layers were then carefully glued together for thicker letters and placed on the card front.  

Here's my version of Sandi's card.



Stampin' Supplies
Stamps - Happy Birthday Gorgeous
Ink - Rich Razzleberry, Rose Red, Old Olive, Versamark
Card Stock - Rose Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other - Large Letters dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Rose Red Seam Binding (retired)

No comments: