Saturday, September 27, 2008

I finally sat down and did one of the fun projects from UStamp. Project 3 was a card set with coordinating bag using the Wow Flowers Stamp Set. I decided to use Christmas stamps and do a couple of sets to give my sister and my sister in law as a little gift on their birthdays. There are six cards (and envelopes) in each of the bags (2 each of 3 designs).





These are the two bags. I used Riding Hood Red CS; Chocolate Chip CS; Watercolour Paper; Holiday Treasures DSP; Non SU chocolate ribbon and my SU Markers. The stamp set is in the Holiday Mini - A Cardinal Christmas. Available starting October 1. I used my Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities.







All of the base cards are Riding Hood Red CS and the layout is the same for each card. The DSP used on all of the cards is from the Holiday Treasures pack. Non SU ribbon on all of the cards. Chocolate Chip classic ink was used to stamp the greetings using the Heard from the Heart stamp set (the french version for my sister in law).








On the first card I used the poinsettia image from A Flower for All Seasons. I stamped it on watercolour paper and filled it in using my markers and aqua painter. I used the 1 1/4 inch circle punch for the image; I cut out a circle of chocolate chip CS using the 1 3/8 inch circle punch and the scallop circle is Riding Hood Red. I used a little bit of godl stickles in the centres of the poinsettias.








On the second card I used the snowman image from Just Celebrate (retired). He is stamped on Whisper White CS and coloured in with markers. The 1 3/8 circle is Kiwi Kiss and the scallop circle is Chocolate Chip.














I used one of the ornaments from Hung Up on the Holidays (retired) for this card. I stamped it with Riding Hood Red and put some Candy Cane stickles in the centre for a bit of sparkle.








Six cards with their envelopes fit perfectly in the bags. This was a quick and easy project - for the two bags and 12 cards (including watercolouring and allowing stickles to dry) it took about 5 hours. I think a lot of the time was taken tying the bows!
For the birthday cards I used Baja Breeze and Basic Black CS; Baja Breeze Classic Ink and Whisper White Craft Ink. The technique used is Faux Embossing. I think they look pretty good. The Upsy Daisy stamp set is perfect for this technique. Used my Top Note Die (exclusive to Stampin Up)



I went to The Scrapbox on Wednesday afternoon and did my second class using Great Impressions Stamps. Here are the cards I made










Last Monday Judy and I got together and started one of the class projects created by Andrea Walford. It is her class using the Dreams du Jour stamp set. We made 3 of the 4 cards, so will finish the 4th card and make the bag on Monday when we get together.
Until the next time - thanks for looking.

No comments: