Monday, September 29, 2008

You don't hear from me for days (weeks) at a time and now I post a couple of times in a few days.

My parents asked me to design an invitation for their Christmas brunch (or maybe dinner - they did not give me the details yet). They love Christmas and decorate their whole place (they will start to decorate right around Halloween). I wanted something fun and not too traditional so this is what I came up with. The stamps are from Great Impressions. The cardstock, DSP and inks are all Stampin Up. I also used some stickles and my Sakura Stardust glitter pen.

I designed it as a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 pocket card - they can put the details on the insert. Hard to see in the photo, but I used the Signo White Gel pen on the scalloped edge of the red CS.
Here is the insert - I may have to modify it a bit depending on how much information they want to include. We will print the details onto the Whisper White CS before decorating. Depending on how many invitations there are, I may cut out the little penguin and attach him with dimensionals.


And finally this shows the insert partially out of the pocket.

Card Stock - Riding Hood Red, Whisper White; DSP - Holiday Treasures

Inks - Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black
Markers - Ruby Red, Old Olive, Bordering Blue, Summer Sun, Creamy Caramel, Purely Pumpkin
Scallop Border Punch; 1 3/4 inch Circle Punch; ticket corner punch
Non SU 2 inch circle punch
Stickles - Gold, Stardust and Candy Cane
Sakura Gelly Roll - Black and Stardust
Signo White Gel Pen

This afternoon Judy and I are going to finish the Andrea Walford Dreams du Jour class - we have one card to finish and we still have to make the bag. So, maybe there will be a second post today!

No comments: