Friday, September 5, 2008

Although I had no photos to share last time I have made up for it in this post. I had been working on some things with my friend Judy and had not taken the photos - I also wanted to confirm the addresses so I could give credit for the ideas.

We made this Reindeer Treat Holder (Judy found the template on Heather Summers Blog - http://stampwithheather.typepad.com/ - see the October 29, 2007 post). Is it not the cutest? I think I may use larger google eyes and a glittery pompom next time. We also thought we should maybe have a sprig of holly on the 'Forehead'.





We also made a darling card Judy found on Dawn Griffith's site. You can find it in her August 14, 2008 post at http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/. Dawn got her inspiration from convention (I think on a display board, or perhaps in a swap).











Although I do not consider myself to be a scrapbooker, I did make an attempt at scrapbooking to create a memory album for my niece who is getting married in October. It is a gift for her bridal shower so that she can display some of her wedding photos. When making the pages, I was thinking more in terms of the candid shots, rather than the formal ones from the photographer. I probably should have just written a note inside the card saying an album was coming and waited for the photos. I think it turned out OK and will be giving it to her tomorrow. We can always make adjustments according to the pictures she chooses to showcase. Here is the card I made for the shower. I used the Top Note die and outlined it in gold between the Eggplant and beige layer. I also used my dauber and eggplant ink for the edges of the base card. In the scrapbook I used the same flower and butterfly images from the Life's a Dream stamp set.




I have also been playing with my new Cuttlebug embossing folders - snowdots, lace tree and the border sets. They are so fun!


I have made a few Christmas cards. The card on the left uses the Lace Tree Folder. I embossed it on SUS Shimmery White and enhanced it with a half pearl on the top and Stickles on the tree. The one of the right uses the Snowdots and Swiss Dots folders. I also used the ScorPal. The greeting is a non SU stamp.






The next two both use Snowdots and Swiss Dots. The gorgeous red velvet ribbon came from The Scrapbox here in Ottawa. I love how just a small change in embellishment changes the card.



Last year my sister received a lovely Christmas card from her friends that I was quite taken with. The card on the left is the one she received and the one on the right is my version. Are they not fun? I used my oval nesties for the snowmen (I don't have it yet, but I think the wide oval punch may be just a bit too big).




Until the next time - thanks for looking.

marjorie

No comments: