Friday, December 12, 2008

Can you believe that in just two short weeks it will be boxing day! Where has the time gone?

I still have a few gifts to buy and baking to do. I have not baked one single cookie, tart or tourtiere as of today. When I was working full time I always had all the shopping done and gifts wrapped long before this. The baking was always done by the end of November. Not sure what I am doing with my time (well stamping does take up a lot of my time).

I tried out the stained glass techinique to make this gift card holder. I stamped the image on vellum cardstock, embossed it and then coloured in the back with my SU markers. I used my nestabilities to cut out the circles and the white gel pen to make the dots. It is amazing that it only took a few minutes to complete.


Stamp Set - Cardinal Christmas
CS - Riding Hood Red, Basic, Black, Whisper White (placed behind vellum) and vellum.

I even stamped and coloured the envelope!
I tried stamping on mirror tiles this week as well (I had never done that before) and stamping on candles. I had done that before and given the candles away as gifts. Those candles sat on a tumbled tile that had been decorated to match.
This photo is not the greatest, but here it is anyway.


Stamp Set - Snow Swirled
Ink - Not Quite Navy (for the candle); white StazOn for the mirror tile

Again, it did not take very long, but they are beautiful. I am going to a dinner party on Wednesday, so one of these sets will make a perfect hostess gift!

I got the mirror tiles at Dollarama and the candles were in packages of 3 at Michael's.
That is it for today!
Marjorie











No comments: