Saturday, December 6, 2008

Not much has been happening - we finally got all our Christmas cards into their envelopes so they are addressed, stamped and ready to go to the post office. We are trying to get our Christmas shopping done and it is proving to be a little more difficult than I had imagined. On Christmas Day my parents are taking us out to brunch - we will be a total of 11. After brunch we are going to do a little gift exchange, but this year with a twist. Previously we each had to bring one gift each (so the girls would bring a gift appropriate for a lady and the guys would bring one appropriate for a man). We would then do a 'chinese auction'.


This year we are bringing an inexpensive gift for each person who will be there. So basically 10 gifts. Trying to find appropriate, nice gifts in the designated price range is driving me crazy. To further complicate it I volunteered to do the shopping for all the people in my immediate family (husband, two sons and one son's friend). Not sure I will do that again. I was able to do most of the gifts for the ladies while I was in Syracuse a couple of weeks ago. The gifts from me will be handmade, but I can't say what in case they check my blog. Yesterday I was able to get all the gifts for my dad and brother in law. Almost done!

We have a couple of birthdays this week - in fact today is my niece Roxanne's 13th birthday. My dad's birthday is on the 12th. Of course with all the cards and card fronts I have on hand, I was not able to choose one that I wanted to use, so I have spent the morning doing some cards.

I decided to try a popup card for Roxanne. It turned out not too bad - not sure this would be a project that I would do again.



Recipe:
Stamp Set: Crazy for Cupcakes
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Creamy Caramel and Sweet Always DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: Ribbon (nonSU); Grommet

For my dad's card I decided to try the brayered sky technique that Michelle Zindorf does so beautifully. I ended up not using the brayer, but used my sponge daubers. I am quite pleased with my results and will definitely try this technique again.

Recipe:

Stamp Set: Lovely as a Tree (is this not the best set!); Upsy Daisy for the sentiment

Paper: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Glossy CS

Ink: More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black

Thanks for stopping by



Marjorie

No comments: