Monday, December 1, 2008

While shopping in Syracuse a few weeks ago, I picked up some Holiday M&M's. The candies are red, green and white and are mint flavoured. I knew I wanted to package them somehow to give as little friendship gifts to some of the people at my office and for my husband to give to some of the other volunteers at the Heart Institute. When I was at Michael's yesterday I was just browsing and I found a package of 20 clear boxes that are intended as wedding favours. They were on sale for $14.99 so I picked up a package (I am going to have to go back and get more!). I hope I can find some of the M&M's here in Ottawa because I am going to need more of those as well!
I filled each box with some of the candies, taped it closed and then decorated them with SU's Real Red grosgrain ribbon. To that I tied a little medallion with silver cording. The image on the medallion is from the Holiday Trinkets stamp set. It was stamped on Whisper White using Real Red ink. I punched that out with my 1 1/4 inch circle punch and mounted that onto a 1 3/8 circle punched from garden green. The whole was then adhered to a real red scalloped circle. I finished it by adding little dots in each scallop with my signo gel pen.

No comments: