Thursday, January 8, 2009

I have been making cards for some upcoming birthdays. This first one is for our niece. I finally started using my nestabilities.

Recipe: Stamp - Crazy for Cupcakes, Baroque Motifs Wheel
Card Stock - Pink Pirouette, Bravo Burgundy, Watercolour Paper
Inks: Jet Black Stazon, Bravo Burgundy
Markers: Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, Real Red

Our nephew's birthday is in early February and I just received my Winds of Grace stamp set so I decided to make this card for him. My inspiration for this came from the card Marie Kirkwood made for her Masculine Manly card swap last fall. You can see all of the cards by clicking HERE

Recipe:
Stamp Set - Winds of Grace (retiring January 18)
Cardstock - Blue Bayou (retired), Soft Sky (retired), Basic Grey, Whisper White
Ink - Blue Bayou
Other - Word Window Punch, Twine - Natural, Brads (SU - retired),
Ribbon - Blue Bayou (retired)

This card uses the new Raspberry Tart DSP. The patterns are quite a bit bolder than I had anticipated and I am having some difficulty using it but it works pretty well on the following card. I ran out of Rose Red cardstock so I pulled out Purely Pomegranate. I think it turned out OK. I layered Purely Pomegrante Ribbon over the Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon. I used brads from the Silver Hodgepodge but put some tiny flat back pearls (non SU) in the centres. I am really loving the Echoes of Kindness stamp set.


Recipe:

Card Stock - Purely Pomegranate, Watercolour paper
DSP - Raspberry Tart
Ink - Black Stazon, Old Olive and Rose Red Markers

My husband and I have been going to Florida for the past several years and are quite intrigued by pelicans. I found this pelican stamp at Michael's last year and decided today was the day to ink it up. The card has a kind of nautical feel about it (I think so anyway). I used the natural twine as an embellishment behind the focal image, but can you see that I also used it on the post the pelican is standing on? Makes me want to get going for our trip to Florida. We leave on January 31 and will be back home around April 10.


Recipe:

Stamps - Pelican (non SU); Winds of Grace

Card Stock - Soft Sky (retired); Blue Bayou (retired), Basic Grey, Watercolour paper

Ink - Black Stazon and Blue Bayou. Close to Cocoa, Basic Grey, Really Rust, Barely Banana Markers. Non SU watercolour pencil (blue)

Thanks for looking

Marjorie

No comments: