Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!



2009 came in very quietly at our home, but that is just the way we wanted it. We usually stay home and quite honestly for the past many year we have not even been awake to usher in the new year. This year we woke up at 11:57 and turned the TV on just in time to see the big ball fall at New York's Times Square.



We took it easy on New Year's Day as well. We made a lovely roast beef dinner and watched a few movies.



I signed up for a swap using stamps from the new catalogue. Although I will be away at the time the swap out is done, I wanted to participate. I had ordered a couple of new stamp sets from the demonstrator preorder so felt I would have time to get my 11 card fronts done before going away. Bonus - my order arrived today instead of Monday. I had already planned out my card so decided to get busy and get them done.

The idea of the swap is to make 11 identical card fronts and send them in to the organizer. She then sorts all the cards received and sends each participant 11 different card fronts.



This is my card



Stamp Sets: Sincere Salutations, Echoes of Kindness (NEW - Level 2 Hostess Set)

Card Stock: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Whisper White

DSP: Raspberry Tart (NEW)

Ink: Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery markers; Jet Black Stazon

Ribbon : Whisper White 1/4 inch grosgrain

Thanks for looking

Marjorie

No comments: