Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I made this card for our nephew's son who is turning 2 on Friday. I don't have the scallop circle die for the Big Shot yet, but I do have the scallop circle Nestabilities so I used the largest one. I had already folded the card stock and just made sure to position the die so that a few of the scallops overlapped the folded edge. I wanted the Elmo to be the card, but decided he needed to be mounted on a standard card size base. Here is the inside of the card.Recipe: Card Stock - Real Red, Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
DSP - Summper Picnic
Ink - Real Red
Stamps - It's Your Birthday

Inspiration: Ros Oakes - click HERE

The next card is one I made as a birthday card for a friend's mother. I used squares cut from the new Raspberry Tart DSP. For the middle square I cut one of the flowers from the DSP and adhered it to a square of Rose Red CS.

Recipe: Card Stock - Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Rose Red
DSP - Raspberry Tart
Other - Kiwi Kiss/Vanilla ribbon, White Signo Gel Pen, Paper Piercer

Inspiration: Catherine Coté - Click HERE

I bought this Santa stamp many years ago (it was probably the first stamp I ever bought). I still love it and will never part with it. It is a perfect size for making coasters and when I was making Cards for the Troops it was perfect for making no layers cards (I had previously posted a photo). Here is a photo of one of the coasters I made using this stamp. Did you know that the IKEA thin cork coasters are a perfect fit for the 4 x 4 tumbled tiles (I got the tiles at Home Depot).

Thanks for stopping by.

Marjorie






No comments: