Thursday, May 19, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches - #FMS237

Happy Thursday!  Where does the week go!  Yesterday my brother in law and sister in law took me out for lunch and we had a great time chatting and catching up.  I thought this week's sketch by Linda Callahan would be a great layout for a simple thank you card.  You can link to the Freshly Made Sketches blog HERE to see all of the cards posted by the designers and other participants.

Here is the sketch:


For my card I wanted to use the bonus stamps that came with the April Paper Pumpkin Kit - All About Everything.  I used Sassy Salutations for the sentiment - I love the fonts used in that set.

I used Blackberry Bliss ink for the flower.  I inked up the larger flower, stamped it off twice on scrap paper and then stamped on my Whisper White layer.  The small flower was also inked up with Blackbery Bliss and was stamped off once before I stamped it onto the card.


Stampin' Supplies
Stamps - All About Everything, Sassy Salutations
Ink - Basic Black, Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss, Pool Party
Card Stock - Whisper White, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Wildflower Fields DSP
Other - Tea Lace Doily, Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love your single flower in the pot! Sweet card! So glad you joined us at FMS!

Karren said...

Beautiful card! The wee doily on the pot is such a cool touch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.