Monday, November 24, 2008

I have finally made the cards from the Upsy Daisy Class Planner designed by Andrea Walford. I have had the planner for quite some time now but was concentrating on making Christmas cards and getting the cards for the troops done and sent. I can now relax a bit and start making cards. The next four cards are all from the class planner. All use the Upsy Daisy stamp set - a set that initially I did not like. As I use it I am realizing how versatile it really is. The cards all use different papers from the Urban Garden DSP. You can see all of Andrea's class planners here.


This first card is stamped on Whisper White using Kiwi Kiss classic ink for the flowers and Not Quite Navy for the sentiment. The band in the middle is Not Quite Navy CS and is embellished with several dew drops. Andrea's original used two silver brads - one on each end of the blue band. The DSP as mentioned is from the Urban Garden package.






This next card is stamped on Whisper White with Not Quite Navy ink - both the sentiment and the flowers. It also features some of the striped Kiwi Kiss ribbon.








This card is also stamped with Not Quite Navy. The ribbon is Baha Breeze.






This final card from the Upsy Daisy class planner also uses the Baha Breeze striped ribbon. The flowers are stamped with Baha Breeze classic ink and the sentiment is Not Quite Navy.




While visiting some blogs recently (and after clicking links within blogs, within blogs .....) and saw these next two cards. The first one is again using Upsy Daisy and the Urban Garden DSP.





This next one has almost no stamping (only the sentiment). The flowers are from the Urban Garden DSP.




I love this next card and wish I could remember whose blog I saw it on. The flower from the Inspired by Nature set is stamped with Baha Breeze. The papers are Baha Breeze CS, Urban Garden DSP and Not Quite Navy CS. The sentiment is from the level one hostess set Best is Yet. Features the wide oval punch and the designer label punch. A quick, but very beautiful card.




I had a little fun with my punches last week and created this little ATC. I saw it on Ros Oakes blog and had to make one myself. What fun!



And finally here is a Santa gift tag I made this morning. I saw the santa face (you guessed it, I can't remember where) and made that. I got to thinking how I could make it into a gift tag and decided to cut out a tag with my Sizzix die as a starting point. I added the strip of whisper white and then the black belt. I cut out the buckle from brushed gold CS. I tied the cord (I wish I had some gold) and then mounted the santa face with dimensionals. Is it not cute!


That is it for today - thanks for stopping by.


Marjorie










No comments: