Everyone was just so proud and thankful to be able to show support for our soldiers. What a sense of accomplishment we felt as the box of cards filled up. When we finished up there were close to 250 cards in the box - and that did not include mine or Judy's. With ours, the count is about 300. By the time we send them off I expect we will be close to 350 - maybe more!
None of the cards were made with layers. We are unsure of the conditions overseas and did not want to risk any 'adhesive failure'. What a challenge - but I think we did very well. We also could not use glitter - we read somewhere that if the glitter flakes off and gets onto the clothing it could be highly visible to anyone observing them with night vision goggles. So, no layers, no bling.
Here are a few pictures - I should have taken the photos before sealing the cards into their plastic protective envelopes. Please excuse the glare.
Thanks for looking.