Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Now that I have sorted, packed up and taken the cards we made for the troops (final count 360) I have been able to just 'play'. I saw a card while blog surfing yesterday and although I downloaded the picture, I forgot to note the site. Although almost exact, I did change a few things (but not very much). I used: CS - Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Brushed Gold; DSP - Holiday Treasures; Ribbon - Riding Hood Rood Taffeta; Stamp Set - A Flower for all Seasons

I had an opportunity to try out a couple of the Big Shot dies this weekend - a huge thank you to Tracie St-Louis.

I had the Pillow Box, Pennant and Baskets & Blooms dies. I did not make very much, but I did cut out a bunch of each. Here are a couple of the pillow boxes I did - would they not make great table favours? Although they are not big enough to hold a gift card, I have heard that they are the perfect size for the Laura Secord mini chocolate bars!

I used: CS - Real Red, Kraft, Whisper White; Ribbon - Real Red Striped, Alpine (Felt)

Here is my version of the Rudolph displayed at Convention. It uses the Pennant Die (Small). I did not have the Tulipz die, so used a punch for the antlers. I think next time I would use big googly eyes rather than the punched ovals.

I used: CS - Creamy Caramel, Basic Black, Real Red, Chocolate Chip; Holly Leaves (non SU)

Here is another use for the small pennant die. Is he not cute!
I used: CS - Real Red, Whisper White, Blush Blossom; White Signo Gel Pen

Last week I participated in a fundraiser for GI Cancer Research. The event was actually held in London, Ontario on November 8 and was organized by Heather Summers. I had read about it on her blog so signed up. Heather shipped my package to me after the event - it included the Holiday Trinkets stamp set and all of the instructions and supplies for 10 projects. I was thrilled to find out that I had won a doorprize as well.
Here are a couple of the projects.
The first is similar to the Santa project above - the only difference is that the hat is not cut out with the Pennant die. The real red card stock is simply cut into the triangle shape. On the back there is a little pouch to hold a gift card or small note.
All colours are the same as the project above.
These are the three cards that were included in the package - there were enough supplies to make two of each. They all feature images from the Holiday Trinkets stamp sets and paper from the Ski Slope Designer Papers.
On this next card I added the medallion on the upper left side. It is from the Hostess Level 1 set Punches Three.


Thanks for stopping by
Marjorie





























































No comments: