Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yesterday my mother and two of my sisters came over to bake mum's christmas shortbreads. This has become an annual event and we always have a lot of fun. 33 dozen shortbreads and several dozen bird's nests (you may know them as thumbprint cookies) made my house look like we were in a bakery.
We did a count of the cards for the troops - 335 - and sorted the cards by theme in preparation to shipping them to Angeie Zuber. My friend Judy had not 'signed' a few of the ones she had made so they are not included in the count yet. Once they are added in I think we will have over 340.
One of the projects for UStamp Holidays was a cute little scrapbook made using the SU clear envelopes. I did not have any more of those on hand, but I did have some others. My envelopes open on the long side, so I had to adjust the dimensions for the cover. I am very pleased with the results. There are 10 pages inside the book held together with brads from the silver hodgepodge.

Card Stock - Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
DSP - Holiday Treasures
Ink - Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
Ribbon - Alpine
Other - dimensionals, crystal effects, brads (Silver Hodgepodge), clear envelopes


I made this one pretty plain because I used the felt ribbon. I plan to make more using other DSP and felt flurries!
Thanks for looking
Marjorie

No comments: