Saturday, November 21, 2009

Swap Cards

I am participating in another swap.  I chose 2 spots.  For one spot the theme was Thinking of  You and the second spot is Thanks.  This time the swap was for full cards with envelopes rather than the usual mountable card fronts.  The idea is to get a selection of cards that could potentially be packaged up for gift giving.

For the first card, I used the one sheet wonder technique.  I stamped the images from Fifth Avenue Floral randomly using Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa and Creamy Caramel classic inks on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of shimmery white cardstock.  I then used my paper trimmer to cut out panels of the desired size.  There is a whisper white panel on the inside of the card and it has also been stamped with some of the floral images.  I think that although it is a very simple card, it is quite pretty.  I hope the other participants in the swap think so too.

Recipe:
Stamps - Thank you Kindly, Fifth Avenue Floral
Card Stock - Shimmery White, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
Ink - Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel
Other - 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch

The second card uses the Medallion background stamp.  For this card, instead of using Shimmery White card stock I chose to mix some isopropyl alcohol with Frost White shimmer paint to make my own "shimmer mist".  After inking up the stamp with Bermuda Bay I used my sponge dauber to dab Night of Navy on the edges and around the centre circle.  I then stamped the medallion from the Charming stamp set, punched out a 1/2" circle and mounted that on a Build a Brad.  I then placed it in the centre the the stamped medallion.  When assembled, I spritzed the whole card with the "shimmer mist".





Recipe:
Stamps - Medallion, Charming,  Kind and Caring Thoughts
Card Stock - Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Not Quite Navy
Ink - Bermuda Bay, Not Quite Navy
Other - Build a Brad, Frost White Shimmer Paint and Isopropyl Alchohol

No comments: