Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Watercolour Roses

Several months ago Patty Bennett posted some wonderful cards featuring a "watercolour roses" technique.  She also posted a video tutorial that you can find HERE.   I had tried it a couple of times but was not very happy with my results.  Not one to give up, I recently tried the technique again with greater success. 

I decided that I would make a birthday card for my mother-in-law using the roses I made.  I probably should have more white on the card base so the roses would show up more, but overall I am very pleased with the card.  Hope you like it too!

The roses were stamped on Shimmery White Card Stock, the base card and the Whisper White Top note panel were sprayed with a mist made from rubbing alcohol and Frost White Shimmer paint.  The effect IRL is very pretty.  I used my old olive marker to draw in the lines on the leaves.



Recipe:
Stamp Set - Fifth Avenue Floral
Card Stock - Whisper White, Shimmery White, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
Ink - Rose Red, Summer Sun, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White Craft
Other - White Embossing Powder, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Top Note Die for the Big Shot, Stampin Dimensionals

No comments: