Sunday, August 28, 2016

Inky Divas Challege - Week of August 22

At first I wasn't going to participate in this week's challenge.  Our cards were to include sea creatures, sponging and some sort of embossing.  I have no sea creature or fish stamps (I may have a turtle stamp packed away somewhere but the thought of looking for it was too daunting).

As I was tidying up my stamp table I saw that I had the Halloween Scene edgelits (in the new Holiday catalogue that goes live on September 1) and thought the spooky tree looked like coral so I decided to do a punch card for the challenge.  Click HERE to see the card I made using the tree.

I also had some scraps of paper from other projects sitting out so I challenged myself to use these on my card.  My tree builder punch, ornament punch (retired) and ornament punch (retired) were also close at hand.  I also had the Serene Scenery DSP Stack out so I used one of the designs for the background.  The sea floor is a piece of Crumb Cake - I tore one edge and sponged it.  After adhering it to the DSP I dry embossed it with the Seaside embossing folder, added in the coral and the rocks that I had punched with the tree builder punch.  The edges of the coral and the rocks have also been sponged.

I had seen a cute punch art fish on Pinterest - see it HERE- using the retired ornament and wide oval punches.  Once that was put together I assembled the card.  The fist is popped up on dimensionals.


Stampin' Supplies
Stamps - none
Ink - Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate
Card Stock - Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Serene Scenery DSP Stack
Other - Halloween Scene Edgelits, Seaside Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments: