Friday, September 24, 2010

My Digital Studio

Heather Summers is hosting a 20 day online class for My Digital Studio.  I had participated in her first class and quickly signed up for the second one.  On the first day of this class Heather demonstrated how easy it is to customize one of the "pre-packaged" photo layouts to make it your own.

We selected the option that had nine photo boxes already placed on the page.  By simply removing 2 of the boxes a blank space was available to fill with a text box.  I also created text boxes at the top and bottom of the page - filled in my text, filled the photo boxes, added a few embellishments and I was almost done.  I did add a background paper but using functions in the program I reduced the opacity so it was a little more subdued.


It is not too late to sign up for the class - it is online and you go through each of the classes on your own schedule.  There is one project posted each day - a video as well as a downloadable PDF file - and it will be available online until the end of October.  PLUS the class fee includes a DVD.  Heather is going to create a DVD that will include all of the videos, PDF's and photos.  She will be sending a copy to all of the class participants.  Check our Heather's blog HERE for more information.

The My Digital Studio program doesn't come with any fonts, but any fonts you have on your computer are picked up by the program.  There are a lot of free fonts available on the internet that can be downloaded quickly.  The font I used is Diggs my Hart - a favourite of mine.

On Monday when I went over to Judy's for our weekly "play date" I brought my laptop and we played with the My Digital Studio program.  Judy has the most darling grandson and we used photos of him to create some pages. 

No comments: