Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Simply August Thank You - Day 4

Day 4 of Heather Summers' Simply August Thank You class featured a card with ruffled fabric.  The Holiday Mini catalogue has two packages of fabric to choose from.  Heather chose to feature the striped fabric from the Candy Cane Lane package.  As I don't have the fabric or the stamp set (A Cute Christmas) I decided to make some substitutes.  I used the retired 1" Double Stitched Real Ribbon and the Santa face from Jolly Old Saint Nick.

Although I found the ribbon ended up being quite bulky (I probably should have used some of the wide striped ribbon) I am quite pleased with my card.


Supplies
Stamps - Jolly Old Saint Nick
Card Stock - Garde Green; Blushing Bride; Candy Cane Lane DSP; Shimmery White; Real Red
Ink - Basic Black; Jet Black StazOn; Blush Blossom, Real Red and Pretty in Pink markers
Other - Button (Regals); Ribbon - 1" Real Red Double Stitched (retired), 5/8" Real Red Satin, 1/8" Real Red Taffeta; Sticky Strip; Dimensionals; Glue Dots; 1 3/4" Circle and 2 3/8" Scallop Circle; Signo White Gel Pen

No comments: