Sunday, September 27, 2009

Christmas Cocoa Stamp Camp

Andrea Walford has done it again! Each time she releases one of her class planners I say it is my favourite. Andrea is having a Stamp Camp in Cambridge, Ontario on Saturday, November 7 where you can spend the day making these 12 cards and matching tote. I live too far from there to be able to attend, but she has made the instructions available to fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators in the form of a class planner and is also offering it as a Stamp Class by email. You can find out more by visiting Andrea's Blog. This is the photo showing the 12 cards and the tote. There are 4 card designs - the participants will make three of each design.

I did not have on hand all of the stamp sets that Andrea uses, but I wanted to make the cards as soon as my planner arrived in my InBox so I had to make some adjustments (both to my cards and to my Wish List).

For the first card, Andrea used a beautiful stamp set - Scenic Season - page 35 in the current Stampin' Up! catalogue. I do not have that set, but I did have a nonSU stamp that I thought would be perfect. You could probably use Lovely as a Tree as a substitute, but I liked the look of the little village. I also used a stamp that is available in the SU Holiday Mini Catalogue (Sept 1 to Jan 4). Don't you just love Santa and his reindeer flying over the village? The real red CS layer should have been scalloped - I forgot to do that.


Recipe:
Stamps - Wandering Words (page 16 in the mini catalogue); nonSU Stamp
Ink - Soft Suede
Card Stock - Real Red, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Christmas Cocoa DSP
Other - 2 way glue pen and dazzling diamonds (I used my Stardust Gel pen)

The original instructions for this card call for the Serene Snowflakes stamp set in the Holiday Mini. I do not have that set so substituted the retired The Snowflake Spot. I also used glitter glue instead of the 2 way glue pen and dazzling diamonds glitter.

Recipe
Stamp Set - The Snowflake Spot (retired)
Ink - Soft Suede, Sahara Sand
Card Stock - Soft Suede, Whisper White, Christmas Cocoa DSP
Other - dimensionals

The next card also has substitutions - I don't have Tree Trimmings (page 28 in the SU catalogue), so I decided to use Delightful Decorations and it's coordinating punch. I think perhaps I should have used only one ornament, but I am very pleased with my card. I do not have the gold elastic cord available in the Holiday Mini so I used some non SU gold cord that I had on hand.

You can't really tell from the picture, but the DSP is flocked.

Recipe
Stamps - Delightful Decorations
Ink - Real Red, Soft Suede
Card Stock - Whisper White, Christmas Cocoa DSP
Other - Ornament Punch, Glitter Glue, Gold Cord


This, I think, is my most favourite of the cards. When I first saw this cardinal stamp set last year I was not sure if I wanted to buy it - I am not very good at colouring. My husband really wanted me to get it, so who am I to say no. I love the stamp set! I have used it on tumbled tiles and coloured it in. The lines in the stamp give some natural shading so it is not so bad to colour in. I have also stamped and embossed it on vellum and then coloured it on the back of the vellum (stained glass technique) and was very happy with those results. This by far is the best - I just stamped it and I was done! Andrea's notes say to colour the berries red (I did not read that part so did not colour them). I also forgot to adhere the image panel with dimensionals.
Recipe
Stamp Set - A Cardinal Christmas
Ink - Soft Suede, Real Red
Card Stock - Soft Suede, Real Red, Whisper White, Christmas Cocoa DSP
Other - Gold Brads



Have a great day!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Beautiful job! Your substitutions worked well!!