Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More Birthdays and a Santa

I totally missed a very good friend's birthday in August. Her birthday is the very same day as my youngest son. I was talking to her a couple of days ago and wished her belated birthday greetings, but I wanted to send her a card with a note inside. I was not sure which stamp set and which layout I should use, but I was visiting the various blogs I love and when I opened Patty Bennett's I knew I had found the card. You can find Patty's card HERE. You will see that Patty used the Scallop Oval Frame die for the Big Shot. I do not have that die, but I do have Nestabilities so I used them. My image panel is smaller than Patty's, but the overall feel of the card is there. I love the way she used the new ornament punch to make the vase.
Recipe
Stamp Sets - Charming, Best Yet (retired)
Card Stock - Dusty Durango, Old Olive
Ink - Dusty Durango Classic, Old Olive and Dusty Durango markers
Other - Ornament Punch, Ribbon is from the Mistletoe Ribbon Originals set.

The stamp set (Charming), Ribbon and the punch are available in the Holiday Mini Catalogue.

This card is also for a very good friend. His birthday was September 26. I know he won't get the card on time, but I had totally forgotten his birthday as well. His wife is the friend for whom I made the card above. I feel awful, but know that they both understand. I will however make sure I don't forget their birthdays in the future.
I am really liking that beer mug in the Cheers to You set. I especially like using Liquid Appliqué to make the foam and crystal effects to make the mug look like glass. I even used some of my very carefully hoarded Kraft corduroy buttons! I was going to put a greeting on the front of the card, but it just made it look too busy so I left it alone.

I struggle with masculine cards, but I am really pleased with how this one turned out.

Recipe
Stamp Set - Cheers to You
Card Stock - Kraft, Always Artichoke, Manchester DSP (retired)
Ink - Black Stazon, So Saffron Marker
Other - Kraft Corduroy Buttons


This is my first attempt at Heather Summer's punched Santa. It was the final creation on her Simply Punches - Holidays on line class. I am pleased with how it turned out, but know that my next attempt will be better. Can you believe it is all punches? I won't list them, but you can probably guess what most of them are.

Recipe
Stamp Set - Christmas Greetins
Card Stock - Real Red, Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Brushed Gold

Have a good day!

No comments: