Saturday, September 19, 2009

September Birthdays

We have multiple birthdays during the month of September. I have started making the cards and here are the first three.

This card is for my brother-in law. I really enjoyed using the Cheers to You stamp set. See below to see a close up of the crystal effects I used on the beer mug, and the Liquid Appliqué for the foam. How fun is that? Recipe:
Stamp Set - Cheers to You
Card Stock - Baja Breeze (retired), Always Artichoke, Whisper White
DSP - Manchester (retired)
Ink - Black StazOn, Baja Breeze (retired), Summer Sun
Other - Crystal Effects, Liquid Appliqué, Styled Silver Hodgepodge

In the picture you can see where I used Crystal Effects. Don't you love how the Liquid Appliqué puffs up and looks like the foam on a glass of beer?

I made this next card for my niece. It is interactive - see that little bit of ribbon - well see the photo below to see what happens when you pull on it.
A tag pops out. Is this not clever? I saw this card HERE and knew I would have to CASE it!

Recipe:
Stamp Set - On a Pedestal
Card Stock - Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
DSP - Rose Red (from Patterns Pack)
Ink - Melon Mambo, Black StazOn, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun
Ribbon - 1/4 inch chocolate chip (retired)

This card is for my niece's daughter. No picture, but on the inside it says celebrate one cupcake at a time. I punched one of the cupcakes out with the 3/4 inch circle punch and popped it up with a dimensional. I also stamped one of the cupcakes on the inside of the card. I used nonSU rhinestones to embellish two of the cupcakes; dazzling diamonds glitter on two and crystal effects on one.
I used my ScorPal to score some lines to add a little bit more interest. Stamp Sets - The More the Merrier (level III Hostess set); Sweet Little Sentiments
Card Stock - Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper Whit
Ink - Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery
Ribbon - Melon Mambo Polka Dot
Other - Dazzling Diamonds, Rhinestones, Crystal Effects, Word Window & Modern Label punches.









No comments: