Sunday, September 13, 2009

More Punchies

More creations from Heather Summers' online class - Simply Punches - Holidays.

The card on the left is my version of Heather's reindeer peeking around a tree. I only did the head and used a nonSU punch for the antlers. Heather used pieces of the SU Jumbo Snowflake punch for her antlers and it is so cute. The head is made using the large oval punch; 1/2 inch circle punch for the nose and eyes; 1/4 inch circle punch for the eyeballs. My reindeer has no visible legs - the original does have them, but I could not make them work, so I have only the head peeking out. The tree is made using the Scallop Circle #2 die for Big Shot. It is cut into segments and then layered. I used the small star punch for the tree topper. The decoractions on the tree and the reindeer's nose use Xmas Red stickles glitter glue. The base card is Soft Sky (retired) and although they don't show well in this photo, there are snowflakes that have been stamped using Whisper White craft ink. The edges have also been sponged with White. The 'snowbank' is two layers of Whisper White CS that have been embossed using a snowflakes embossing folder (non SU). It is finished with a greeting from the Teenie Tiny Wishes stamp set and a piece of real red ribbon. The images were adhered to the card using dimensionals.

I love this tag! Who would have thought you could make a bell decorated with holly using punches. Heather Summers, that is who!
The bell is made using the wide oval as well as the large and small oval punches. The holly leaves are also made using the small oval punch. It is then further punched with 'bites' from the 1/2 circle punch. The berries are punched with the 1/4 inch circle punch. Heather's tag was made using the Two Tags die for the Big Shot(exclusive to SU). I don't have that die so I improvised. I punched a scallop circle and cut a piece of matching CS the same width as the punched scallop. I adhered half of the scallop to the top of that CS. When the bell was attached the seam is covered. The corners of the CS were rounded. Little highlights were added to the berries and the bell using the white Signo Gel pen.

No comments: