Monday, October 4, 2010

CIBC Run for the Cure

Two of my sisters, my niece and her 4 year old daughter participated in the CIBC Run for the Cure here in Ottawa yesterday.  I made a card for my grand-niece congratulating her for participating.  Initially I was not sure what I was going to do and reached out to Heather Summers for ideas.  Being the wonderful person she is, she did offer up some great suggestions.  One of those was to use the little girl stamp from the Build-a-Bear collection.  I don't have the stamp but it did get me to thinking - I have the Build-a-Bear die!  I decided to use that. 

I used the die to cut the bear figure in Creamy Caramel with a little Close to Cocoa accent on the face (both retired colours).  I also placed a punched circle of black behind the head so it would show through for the eyes, nose and mouth.  I used the Beary Essentials die to cut out her clothes (the jacket and pants are Pretty in Pink; the shirt is Pretty in Pink DSP and her little shoes are Whisper White).  The bow on her head was cut using the Beary Girl sizzlit - I decorated it with a small rhinestone jewel.  The button on her jacket is a 3/4" circle.  I made the ribbon of hope by die cutting the '&' from a nonSU numbers die and then trimming the ends to look like a ribbon.  I used a tiny rhinestone in the centre.

The background is sponged with Garden Green, Bashful Blue and Not Quite Navy.  I used the scallop circle punch as a mask so that there would be clouds in the sky.  I adhered the bear using dimensionals.

I stamped and trimmed the banner before sponging the edges with Pretty in Pink ink.  Before adhering it to the card I curled it a bit and then attached it with dimensionals.

I also made a little 'medal' for her.  I created the image panel in My Digital Studio, printed it, cut it out with the clear circle die and then attached it to the Pretty in Pink scallop circle.  I decorated it with a few of the rhinestone jewels and added the ribbon.  The other side of the medal is identical.

No comments: