Friday, October 8, 2010

Simply My Digital Studio - Day 14

This page went together so quickly - a few photo boxes, embellishments, a bit of text and it was done.   I created one text box - adjusted the size to what I wanted and then copied it multiple times.  I placed the boxes where I wanted them on the page and then filled some of them with photos.  I filled two of them with Designer Series Paper and the third with white cardstock.  I then added a text box over that and wrote in my journal entry.  I added a button and a ribbon knot on top of that.  I use the small photo corner punch for the upper left and lower right corners - filled them in with Daffodil Delight.  I used the Full Heart punch and increased the size - no problem with error messages if you increase the size before colour filling.  I filled it with Cherry Cobbler and added a text box over it.  A couple of buttons and a brad completed the top of the page.  The bottom scallop is a stamp from All Scallops.  I created it once using Cherry Cobbler and then copied it so go from left to right.  I added some whisper white brads in each of the scallops and then added two rows of white stitching.  Although there is a lot of white space, I resisted the temptation to fill the background with DSP or coloured card stock.  Although I like the look of the one photo in black and white with the rest in colour, I prefer the look when all but one of the photos is black and white.  The beauty of MDS is that you can alter it very quickly to ensure you have the exact look you want.

No comments: