Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Holiday Hoopla

Last week I didn't post the card Judy and I made because I had posted it previously - it was one of the cards I had made with my sister.  You can see that card HERE.  We each made two of this card.

The projects I am featuring today (and for the rest of this week) are from a Holiday Hoopla stamping event that Judy and I attended this past Saturday.  The event was hosted by Marlayne Hardy a local Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  You can check out Marlayne's blog HERE.  All of the projects were Christmas themed but could be easily adapted to any occasion.  Marlayne had six make and takes prepped and ready for each participant and there were five "demo booths" set up around the room where other demonstrators showed various projects and gave quick instructions on how to complete them.  In addition to Marlayne's presentation we were treated to a presentation from fellow demonstrator Cindy Major from Quebec City.  Click HERE if you want to visit Cindy's blog.  There were also several display boards around the room - all of the displays continued the Christmas theme.  There were so many of them it was quite overwhelming!

The make and takes were all made with the Christmas Cheer Simply Scrappin' Kit along with some ribbon and buttons not included in the package.  We each received half of a package with plenty of supplies to make our projects with lots left over.  We made a box (measuring about 6" x 6"); a mini album; a gift card holder; a candy bar holder; a set of note cards with holder and a Christmas banner. 

This is the box we made - it is amazing what a bit of paper, a few scored lines and sticky strip can do!  Look at that luscious ribbon!   It is the 1 1/4" striped ribbon in Marina Mist.  The box is decorated with a few of the self-adhesive die cuts included in the Simply Scrappin' kit.


I had a gift that had to be wrapped and had been planning on using DSP.  I changed my mind and made a custom box - I love that I was able to create a box specifically sized for the gift inside.  I decided not to embellish this box as the DSP is pretty busy.  The DSP is from the Love Letters package.  The box bottom is Very Vanilla textured card stock and I used Very Vanilla 5/8" Satin ribbon.

1 comment:

Liz Goldhawk said...

These boxes are both beautiful! The Love Letters box is made with such pretty paper that the ribbon is all it needs! Thanks for sharing!