Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rattle Me Bones

Today two of my sisters and some of their friends are participating in the Rattle Me Bones run to raise money for arthritis.  There are also two children in their group (an eight year old girl and one year old boy).  My sisters asked if I could make cards and medals for the children.  I think this is probably the first time I have ever CASEd myself.  You can click HERE to see the card I made for my grandniece a few weeks ago.

The Rattle Me Bones run has a Halloween theme so I decided to incorporate that into the cards and medals.  As I did with my original card I sponged the background - Garden Green for the ground and mostly Bashful Blue for the sky.  This time instead of using a scallop circle punch I used the scallop oval while sponging the sky.  I found the banner on the Rattle Me Bones website - I just printed it to the size I wanted.  Take a peek at the shoelaces - I used the SU fantastic 1/8" taffeta ribbon.

As before the medals were created in My Digital Studio.  I found a downloadable font that was perfect for the Halloween theme.  If you look closely you will see that the tops of the letters are a little pointy like bat's ears.



No comments: