Thursday, October 21, 2010

Holiday Stamp Camp

In September I participated in a Holiday Stamp Camp hosted by two local SU demonstrators - Sherida Giddings and Trina St. Michael.   I was not able to attend the event but signed on for a "Kit to Go.  The instructions were emailed to me and I received all of the materials in the mail.  I got distracted and have only just started making the projects. 

The first one I decided to do is an "altoid tin".  The kit included the silver tin and all of the embellishments.  It uses some of the fabric featured in the current SU Holiday Mini Catalogue (for the flower on top and the decoration on the side of the tin).  For both of those the fabric was already cut using the Big Shot and SU dies.  The fabric for the side of the tin had been adhered to an adhesive sheet before cutting so it made it very easy to apply to the tin.  Although a little bit tight a gift card will fit in the tin.  I was thinking it would look great to use some silver cording to create a loop to hang the tin on a Christmas Tree.  It is also the perfect size to hold several of the gift tags I will be featuring in the next couple of days.

No comments: